Trolling PLDT, Globe, Smart and Sun!
The Troll was… trolling around the Internets when it stumbled upon a very well written and very well positioned article covering the current status of the telco industry. This wonderful piece titled Fair competition benefits consumers from the column of Boo Chanco, Demand and Supply, tackles the current monopolistic set up of things with PLDT [...]
Saw this piece on the Business Mirror last April 03 by John Mangun. More hate mail folks! This, it’s directed at PLDT’s DSL customer service. Outside the Box: Bad customer service The following is an e-mail exchange between a close friend and business associate and PLDT regarding his application for the P3,000 per month DSL [...]
President Aquino said that the government is looking at options that reduce the frequencies allocated to PLDT should it acquire Digitel. PNoy: “There are many technical aspects. There is a complaint that one entity would have 60 percent of the frequencies while the rest of the players will divide the remaining 40 percent… There really [...]
PLDT’s plan to acquire Digital/Sun Cellular has hit another brick wall. President Benigno Aquino III (in a radio interview): “Our interest here is to ensure that there is no monopoly… We promised a level playing field.” PNoy added that the Philippines has about 85 million mobile phone users who could not be “tied” to one [...]
Troll: What on earth does such an ugly acronym stand for – Young Lawyers in Support of Antitrust Law. Meh. Young Lawyers? You guys could’ve thought of a better representative name for such a vital pro consumer group. YLSAT called on regulators and legislators to ensure the consumers are protected from entities that aim to [...]