Globe: Network Upgrade 30% Complete!
The modernization of Globe’s network is already 30% complete, all in four months! Yup, rolling out new equipment aint easy, but it’s getting done, slowly and surely!
Robert Tan, Globe chief technical adviser:
“We are fast-tracking certain areas to address strong consumer demand and clamor for better services. Overall, we are on target with the roll-out plan… Our goal is to have seamless change-outs of the network with as minimal impact on customer experience as possible. The improvements in our service quality will be felt by our customers in an increasing number of areas across the country as the network upgrade progresses towards completion.”
Where o Where Can we Experience a Fresh Fruity Globe?
- Most of South Luzon (There’s a specific area list of this in this blog somewhere. The Troll is sure it’s in one of its posts)
- The Davao Gulf provinces, this covers Davao City and Compostela Valley and generally the surrounding areas. Davao City in particular will now enjoy new-generation mobile systems that support high-speed data access.
Benefits! We Want Benefits!
- A significantly enhanced 3G footprint – for the layman, this means a better, more stable 3G signal which is equal to a better mobile web browsing experience.
- Quick call connections (making dropped calls a thing of the past)
- And the most important benefit of all – faster and greater access to UNLImited offers! No more “please try again later” crap when you try to register!
Globe declared that more subscribers will be able to experience service improvements by the third quarter of 2012.